Shine Ewe-reka is made with ewe milk – the closest milk replacer to mothers milk!
To help improve lamb health and performance Shine Ewe-reka is made with whey products from ewe’s milk. Ewe milk has long been used to make cheese’s such as Roquefort, Manchego and Bleu D’ Auvergne and we have taken the by-products of sheep’s milk cheese production to make a milk replacer as close to mother milk as it can be. Unlike cow’s milk this milk will contain antibodies to specific sheep diseases that will help to keep orphan lambs healthy.
- Shine Ewe-reka is Europe’s number 1 selling lamb milk!
- Made with real ewes milk
- Tastes like own mother’s milk – stronger drinking reflex
- Contains species specific antibodies to fight against sheep diseases
- Great lamb performance with weight gains of up to 550g per day
- Made with 4 vegetable oils and plant extracts to minimise clostridia bloat and scour in lambs.
- Reduced mortality rates – more lambs for replacement ewes and more to sell
- Can be fed hot or cold
- Easy mixing and very palatable
- Available in different pack sizes: 5kg, 10kg and 20kg
|Protein||Minimum 23% milk protein|
|Fat||25% blend of 6 oils for maximum digestibility and boosted immunity|
Help and Advice
Good colostrum management is vital to ensure the health and well-being of your lambs Colostrum contains high levels of antibodies, and has much greater total solids content than whole milk.read more
In our guide to milk feeding lambs we explore the best milk feeding option for your system, advantages and disadvantages of bottle feeding and more.read more
Possible ways to advance survival of the newborn lamb is to maximise lamb vigour, encourage maternal bonding, enhance colostrum production, select on behaviour traits, and improved feed management during late pregnancy.read more
23% milk protein
Transition milk is the milk cows produce after colostrum and before they produce what we consider milk. It is higher in most nutrients and antibodies and is beneficial to feed to calves. However, the effect of high TBC’s in transition milk and the risk of spreading disease offset these benefits. Using Transformula is the perfect solution and gives baby calves what baby calves need.
A skim and whey milk replacer using milk protein with added immune-stimulants and probiotics for feeding calves in the first days of life.
- Over 200g of low heat skim milk, buttermilk and concentrated whey protein in every 300g of feed.
- Allows farmers to reduce medicine usage with young calves. Transformula contains 10 times the level of anti- scour agents found in standard calf milk.
- Saves ½- ¾ hour work every day.
- Contains Kryptonite – a plant extract to ensure the small intestine is a hostile environment for pathogens.
- Contains buttermilk which reduces stomach upsets and feed refusals as it acts as an emulsifier enhancing fat breakdown and it contains a lactic acid flavour. Additionally, it can reduce rotavirus infectivity.
- It contains a blend of oils which increases digestibility of fat for the calf; it is important to have a good mix of short, medium and long chained fatty acids. Additionally, it contains a blend of Omega 6:3 oils that increase the calf’s ability to combat pneumonia.
Add 1 L jug of powder to 3 ½ L jugs of water (this will make enough milk replacer to feed 2 calves per feed) or 140g of powder made up to 1L of mixed Transformula.
|Day 1||Colostrum up to 10% of calf’s body weight or 4L in first 2 hours of life|
|Day 2+||280g in 1 ¾ L of warm water twice a day|
- Feeding recommendations based on 42kg Holstein Friesian calf. Adjust accordingly for small calves, twins and other breeds.
- If disease challenges are high, feed for up to 21 days and then change to milk replacer